Monday, September 19, 2011

Insomnia Strikes Again

So, once again I am up at 2:30 in the morning with my brain refusing to quiet down when I realized I haven't blogged in who knows how long. Mostly because, let's be honest, people who read this already know what's going on in my life. But, turns out, I like being able to look back at the things I thought were important enough to tell people on the internet.
To make it simple: God is so faithful.
I knew that He was. Maybe. At least I said I knew that He was, but I think even when I would say that - when I would believe it even - there was a little part of me saying, "are you sure? have things ever been going good in your life?"
Obviously that was a lie from the pit of hell and needed to be taken captive, and I'm thankful to say that it often was.
BUT NOW, satan doesn't even have close to an argument. Father is faithful, and I am doing so good. Not that everything is perfect in my life - of course not, it never will be, but I can't remember a time when I was doing as well in my emotional, spiritual, and mental health as I am now.
I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN DEPRESSION FREE FOR 6 MONTHS!
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?! THIS IS HUGE!
I don't think there is any way to express how thankful I am. God has been so gracious to me.
Not to mention, I have a job I love, and I'm getting to be involved with a international student ministry that I love even more.
I am so very thankful.
Thank you, Jesus, for bringing beauty from these ashes.

2 comments:

  1. I am one of the few who read your blog and don't know what's going on in your life. but i am super super encouraged by this! He is indeed faithful to pull us out of pain and bring us into new life! I am currently experiencing the same beauty of complete healing! :) Love you! Kayla

    ReplyDelete