Saturday, March 13, 2010

Philippians 4:8

I'm home. I really dislike home. I walked in the door yesterday to lots of yelling and contemplated turning around and driving back to college station. If it wasn't for the fact that it was my sister's prom last night, I would have. Really.

But I didn't. So now, I am here. A place with constant tension and frustration. None of my group of girl friends are in town, so all I really have to do is lay around the house. The house that I usually dread walking in to.

Not to mention the fact that Jesus is making me love my dad, so I can't just yell back at him.

Also, there's no fan in my room. It's just a frustrating situation.

So late last night, while I was frustrated with being here, and seriously considering just leaving, Jesus told me "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think on these things." (Phil 4:8, NIV)

Now clearly (as shown in the rest of my post), that isn't easy for me at all in this situation. But that is my goal for the week. Instead of being frustrated with my choice of activities for the week, or with my life in general, I am going to dwell on the blessings God has given me. Specifically on the blessings He has given me here in Houston.

Today, I am going to hang out with two of my close friends Ryan and Josh in Rice Village. And tomorrow Sam is getting home. And I get to go to Houston First Baptist (Whoop!) and Ecclesia with Fay. There are so many wonderful things to be excited about and thankful for. Not to mention the fact that so many people in my family love me.

So now you know the goal for this week. Feel free to ask me afterward how I did. :p

Hope everyone's spring break is grand.

You are loved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment