Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Jesus and the 12 disciplines, they was in the boat..."

I love Madea. Hence, the quote. And I have watched I Can Do Bad All By Myself recently...both the movie and the play actually. Luckily, they are so different, I can't compare them.

I determined this past weekend that this coming semester, I have to be much more disciplined. It is going to be a really hectic semester and the busyness has already begun. Meh. And by I determined, I really mean that Jesus told me. I have to be more disciplined in every aspect of my life. SCHOOL, work, time with Jesus, exercise, money, and on and on. So there are going to be some big changes in my life this semester:

1. Bed time - by 12:30 every night. This can only be ignored in very extreme circumstances.
2. Wake up time - 7 every morning. EVERY MORNING. even if I don't have class or work until 10:30 or later.
3. In the mornings I am going to run, shower, and spend time with Jesus. Every morning! Except Wednesdays which will be my day off from running, and I will get up a bit earlier to have breakfast with Impact Prayer Team girls. :)
4. I will spend MUCH less time being unintentionally social. Of course, friendships need to be strengthened and pursued...but other than those I am committed to serving this semester, the friendship part of my life will have to decrease considerably. I am excited, because this will help me learn that only Christ can sustain me.
5. Because I have a morning routine, I will go to all my classes. My goal is legitimately to not miss more than one class (in every class) this semester. Which would be an INSANE improvement. And I will call in to work sick no more than twice this semester.

Those are the big ones. At least that I remember at this point. :) Get excited. And feel free to hold me accountable. It's much needed.

You are loved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment