Wednesday, July 1, 2009

trusting and expectant.

John 3:15 in the message says “and everyone who looks up to him – trusting and expectant, will gain real life, eternal life.”
The other night I was talking with Brittani. She is the girl leader at the internship. I was really really struggling with depression and I asked her to come and pray truth over me. After praying, we were talking and she told me this verse. We came to the conclusion, that I always believe God CAN fix my life, and deal with my family situation and take away my depression, but I don’t ever believe he WILL. That is a problem. God desires good for me. He desires to bring healing and restoration to my life. I always think that believing God will change my situation is getting my hopes up. But that is just silly! My hope is in Jesus Christ. How is it even possible to get your hopes up about something if my hope is in Christ?
I realized I am called to be expectant about the stuff going on in my life. I need to trust that the situations will change. Because they will. We just don’t know when. If not in this life than in eternity. God will change my situation, because He loves me. And I need to believe that.
I realized that I have the right to be excited about this. I have the right to have joy and be excited about God bringing restoration to my family and healing my hurt and taking away my depression, because it will happen. I should be excited. I’d be crazy not to be.
That is the third thing I learned. The end.
Since then I have read so many more verses relating to this topic that are so encouraging. Por ejemple:
Psalm 37:5 says “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.”
And
In Matthew 9:29, Jesus says “According to your faith it will be done to you.”
This has encouraged me so much and more or less changed my perspective on life.
You are loved.

1 comment:

  1. "Christ in me, the hope of glory." :)

    also, I feel like we're learning a LOT of the same things this summer. I'm struggling a LOT with hope that my family can change. I am hopeful every once in a while, but like you said, then I just think I am getting my hopes up. Thanks for sharing.

    I love you, Angela.

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete