Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Desperate.

No real time to do this since I'm about to go serve dinner. At least I think that's what I'm about to go do...
I had an awesome experience today though. I hung out with a homeless lady named Shirley for about an hour. It was so cool to just show her that someone cared. And through that, that ultimately God cared. I realized how needed it is for people to love on desperate people. It really pointed out the scripture the interns have been studying which is Matthew 5:3 - "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." It's crazy how much easier it is for desperate broken people to get it, and that's what people like Shirley are. They are poor, needy, desperate and broken. It was an awesome experience.

You are loved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment